Think about that. The gravity of the sun is so strong that light itself is held back 40,000 years.
To me, this is a powerful analogy for the way negative aspects of your life can prevent your best qualities from manifesting.
The point is, powerful forces may be holding your best qualities in, preventing you from radiating them out into the world with all their might.
Good news: light is a subatomic particle. It doesn't make choices, or have naysayers, or choose how to eat. It's a force, and it interacts with other forces, and that's that.
You, on the other hand, can work to identify the forces constraining you. And, however difficult, frightening, or painful, you can overcome them. I challenge you to sever one of your constraints this week.
Here are 10 ideas:
- Unfriend your ex on Facebook. You don't need to keep tabs on someone who was wrong for you.
- Don't buy fashion magazines that makes you feel shitty and inadequate.
- RSVP "no" to a social event that you have no interest in and only feel obligated to attend.
- Go to the grocery store and the gym to nourish your body, not punish it.
- Turn off your phone. Just turn it off -- while you eat, socialize, sleep, walk -- no one will die if you miss a text or alert.
- Volunteer. Help someone whose problems are bigger than yours.
- Identify relationships where you "give" way more than you "take." Scale back your commitment to these people -- at least for now -- and see how it makes you feel.
- Ask for help.
- Disregard all judgment and advice from people whose lives you do not admire and whose values you do not share.
- Think of the thing you'd most like to accomplish, or feel least deserving of, and find someone who's done it. Learn his or her story, and figure out what you have in common.